Usually, my lunch is a big smoothie (around 1L) and I love to add a ton of superfoods in it. I feel so energize after it. And let me tell you… no way to have a food coma with that! Here are some of my favs to fuel my days and create a powerful smoothie.
Before all benefits, the reason why I love spirulina is the crazy green color that created in my smoothies!
- Super high in protein – It contains not less than 60% of protein and packed with vitamins B12 too, which is important for vegans/vegetarians.
- Super high in antioxidant – It contains an amazing antioxidant called phycocyanin able to create any cells your body needs. If you need more immune cells, your body will be able to produce what you need thanks that.
- Super strong to support muscle growth – This green powder is an added-value to your daily routine if you are athlete and exercise every day. It allows to minimize exercise-induced oxidative damage and even help to increase muscle strength.
Oh boy, this little guy doesn’t look appetizing by its color but it kills all cacao options. Definitely.
- Fat free – If you’re on a low-fat diet, please use carob power as a cacao alternative! One cup of carob power contains less than 1 gram of fat, one cup of cacao contains 50g of fat. Do you need more argument?
- Super high in fiber – For two tbsp. of carob powder you have around 5g of fiber. It allows you to stay fuller longer, control your blood sugar (so no cravings!) and prevent constipation (I mean, when you have a plant-based diet, you shouldn’t have this issue ;))
- Bomb of vitamins – The advantage for using carob powder is the ability to have a great pick-me-up but without caffeine!
This one is a quite tricky for me as I hate the taste, it’s too bitter, too powdery for me. But god, that’s so good for you!
- Perfect immunity booster – It contains antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal agents that helps strengthen the immune system. A tbsp. of turmeric a day keeps the doctor away!
- Super natural anti-Inflammatory – Curcumin is a strongly anti-inflammatory, so strong that could even be more powerful than some anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Full of antioxidant – It allows to neutralize free radicals so in long-term that helps your body to be stronger longer and looks younger than you are supposed to.
I discovered them when I was looking for good fats to be added in my diet instead of avocado. And guys, let me tell you they’re the bomb to bring everything you need into your body.
- Bomb of omega-3 – They are one of a good source of healthy fats for vegans/vegetarians as you usually find them in fish oil.
- Super high in fiber – It contains both soluble and insoluble fiber which supports colon detoxification, fat loss and reduce sugar cravings.
- Best friend for healthy skin and hair – The ALA (omega-3) fats provide essentials fats as well as B vitamins so they help reduce dryness also, fight acne, rosacea and even eczema (hallelujah!).
Matcha green tea
This thing guys is Da Bomb. I could drink a matcha latte pretty much every day, this is so freaking good!
- Super high in antioxidant – You have 5 times as many antioxidants as any other food, which allows you to fight against the negative effects of UV radiation, giving us younger-looking skin etc.
- Ideal partner for energy level – Perfect afternoon pick-me-up anytime you need. Good alternative to coffee as you have the same energy boost but without the headaches you could have from a coffee crash.
- Ideal to detoxifies the body – The high level of chlorophyll allows to detoxify by removing heavy metals and chemicals toxins. (always good when you live in a big city)
Goji berry has a big part in my daily routine. For years, I eat goji berries every day to strengthen my health and it works (a lot)!
- Amazing immunity booster and flu protector – The big quantity of vitamins and nutrients allows to increase and support immune system and flu protection. They are perfect to prevent winter and all rubbish colds!
- Strongest fruits ever – Goji berries have the highest concentration protein, contains 15 times the amount of iron found in spinach, is the king of calcium, zinc and even carotenoids that means these berries are a power bomb.
- Best partner for a healthy skin – Packed with a high amount of vitamin C and A will protect the skin for environmental stressors. In a long-term, it allows to help reduce the appearance of age spots!
Full love – Roxie